How to Make an Inter Library Loan Request
Any patron may request an item that is not in our collection through our inter library loan service. To request item(s) from another library, follow these steps:
1. Fill out the inter library loan request form
2. Bring the completed form to one of our locations, fax to 951-368-0185, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Await library staff to contact you regarding the assessed fees (within 2 business days)
All fees must be paid at the time of the request. No request will be processed until all fees are paid. Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card.
- Flat rate of $10 per request, with a maximum of 2 items per request.
- Lending library processing fees
- Postage both ways
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can anyone request an ILL?
Yes. Any patron can request an ILL.
- Why does it take 2 business days to determine costs?
The Library has to locate the item first, and then assess the fee based on the lending library’s service charges plus cost of postage or shipping.
- Can I renew borrowed item(s)?
That may depend on the lending policy of the library involved. We can check with the lending library as to renewal. There is not guarantee that one is possible.
- How long does it take to receive my requested item(s)?
Requests usually arrive in 1-2 weeks. We will process your request as soon as it is paid for. We cannot control the time it takes for the lending library to process your request. We will notify you when your item(s) arrive.