Table of Contents
- Upcoming MCLE Events
- Library of Congress Law Legal Research Institute
- Office of County Counsel Volunteer Program
- Desert Bar Association Events
- Riverside Superior Court Announcements & Updates
- Riverside Court Self-Help Center Services
- Riverside County Bar Association
- California Alliance of Paralegal Associations
Judicial Diversity Summit 2021
Holding Remote Evidentiary Hearings and Trials on August 2 12-1:30pm
Multicultural Bar Alliance of Southern California Annual Virtual Summer Reception August 11, 2021 5-6pm
Upcoming MCLE Events
Updated Regularly as RCBA announces new events.
Library of Congress Law Legal Research Institute
The Library of Congress is offering webinars on a variety of legal research topics. Visit their website for a list of courses and more information.
Office of County Counsel Volunteer Program
The Riverside County’s Office of County Council Volunteer Program offers unpaid student internships and volunteer opportunities at one of its four office locations on a year-round basis. Volunteers are provided the opportunity to explore different areas of law and develop skills to become valuable legal contributors to the local community by working closely with the civil public law attorneys and paralegals.
Visit their website for more information and steps on how to apply.
Desert Bar Association Events
The Desert Bar Association hosts events through out the year. Visit their website to get more information about becoming a member, to learn about the many opportunities to connect with other legal professionals in the community, and complete MCLE credit hours.
Visit the Desert Bar Association website to view their calendar, and for more information on upcoming events
Riverside Superior Court Announcements & Updates
EXTENSION OF COURT CLOSURES
PRESS RELEASE & COURT UPDATES
Up to date information on the Riverside Court’s response to the Covid-19 crisis is available on the Court’s website.
- 6/24/2021 Click here to view the court’s announcement on optional e-filing services for civil
- 6/22/2021 Click here to view the court’s update on Face Coverings and Physical Distancing in Courthouses
- 6/1/2021 Click here to view the court’s announcement to transition to electronic filing services for civil.
- 4/7/2021 Click here to view the court’s public notice on the cancellation of May/June 2021 furlough dates
- 4/6/2021 Click here to view the court’s change in court reporter policy
- 12/23/2020 Click here to view the court’s general order of jury trial suspension until Jan. 29, 2021
- 12/7/2020 Click here to view the court’s announcement of suspension of jury trials
- 11/6/2020 Click here to view the Access to Cases and Documents Public Portal Frequently Asked Questions.
- 10/26/2020 Court Implements New Case Management System: Click here (PDF)
- 10/6/2020 Courts to Close One Day Per Month. Click here (PDF)
- 09/25/2020: Judges Elected in Uncontested Election: Click here (PDF)
- 9/17/2020: Twelfth Implementation Order: Click here (PDF)
- Update: Face Coverings Now Required to Enter County Courthouses: Click here (PDF)
- 8/07/2020: Riverside Superior Court Extends some Court Closures: Click here (PDF)
For past news releases click here, and for current information please visit the court websites directly at these links:
Riverside Court Self-Help Center Services
Riverside Courts Self-Help current services available
Effective immediately: You are encouraged to call or email the self-help center for self-help services in Family Law, Civil or Probate matters.
SelfHelp@Riverside.Courts.Ca.Gov 951-274-4499 or 760-393-2163
Staff are able to:
✓Explain what it means for litigants to be their own attorney.
✓ Provide links to forms and answer specific questions.
✓ Provide legal information.
✓ Explain the court process/procedures.
Click here for more Details and en Español
Click here for info on the Self-Help Info Centers & a list of upcoming virtual workshops
Riverside County Bar Association
The Riverside County Bar Association hosts MCLEs and other events throughout the year. Visit their website to get more information about becoming a member, to learn about the many opportunities to connect with other legal professionals in the community, and complete MCLE credit hours.
Visit the Riverside County Bar Association website to view their calendar, and for more information on upcoming events.
California Alliance of Paralegal Associations
CAPA is a statewide alliance that provides leadership in promoting education, voluntary examination, and advancement of the paralegal profession.
Visit the CAPA website to learn more about the paralegal profession and regional paralegal associations.
California Alliance of Paralegal Associations Conference CAPA 33rd Annual Conference 6-26-21